I packed my hospital bag about a week or two (maybe three) ago and I thought I would share the contents of the bag just in case you were wondering what would be a good idea to bring.
What to pack for baby
It is so easy to forget that babies come into this world with nothing. The first time I gave birth I’m pretty sure that I went to the hospital with almost nothing. At least that is what my mom claims! I believe that I was slightly prepared. I knew I had a carseat…
Besides the car-seat, here is a list of things to bring to the hospital
- A onesie for the ride home (pack two or three in case you have to stay overnight)
- A little hat to keep their head warm
- Baby blanket.
- Jacket, snowsuit, or very thick blanket if it is a winter baby
What to pack for yourself
You probably don’t need as much as you think you do. Your partner could probably run home and get anything extra that you forgot, but here is a quick list of what is in my bag!
- My medical records
- Comfortable sweater
- Sweat pants
- Nursing bras
- Nursing pads
- Very ugly underwear
- A going home outfit (all stretchy material)
- Make-up bag filled with
- elastic bands
- lip balm
- Camera (with extra batteries)
- A suitcase to put everything in!