My daughter started preschool this month and it reminded me of how fast she is growing up. It feels like I just brought her home from the hospital. Now she is going to school with her lunch box and backpack (not pictured here since she insisted she have her doll)!
Seeing your children grow is one of the most rewarding things in the world. Sometimes you feel they will never grown up, but they do too quickly. This got me thinking. What are the best milestones that my daughter reached that made my life a little easier, but made me realize she needs me a little less than she did before.
Best Baby Milestones
- Sleeping through the night (5 Months and 21 days for me!)
- Holding their own bottle (total score!)
- Eating with a spoon
- walking for a long enough distance that you can ditch the stroller
- Putting on their own clothes
- Learning language enough that they can tell you what is bothering them (ooooh there is a rock in your shoe)
- Becoming potty trained
- Being able to go potty all by themselves!
- Eating a whole meal by themselves
- eating with minimal mess
- Cleaning up after themselves
- Picking up toys
- Wiping up the occasional spill
- Following Instructions (for the most part :p)
- Holding their own (light) bag
- Entertaining themselves
I’m just so happy I have seen this beautiful intelligent girl grow so quickly in three short years. Everyday I look at her and am immensely pleased that I helped create her!!!